Sunbury Shores Arts and Nature Centre is located in beautiful Saint Andrews By the Sea New Brunswick and has been the link between the arts and nature since 1964. SSANC is open year-round offering unique workshops and educational programming in partnership with our local community and regional schools. We celebrate new and seasoned artists and instructors from across Canada and around the world.
We are seeking an Artistic Director to manage the regional promotion of the Centre, design and deliver programming, jury and curate exhibits, generate grants and operational revenue and network with artist instructors and exhibitors, students, patrons and organizations using our facilities.
The successful candidate will be an agile strategic thinker, able to maximize and leverage opportunities. With a results-driven entrepreneurial spirit and strong interpersonal skills, the Artistic Director will seek revenue growth and encourage the development of a strong culture of artistic pursuits throughout our NB community.
Applicants should indicate their qualifications, commitment and passion for the following criteria:
• Ability to work collaboratively and deliver a professional, approachable demeanor to all clients, staff, and artists while maintaining a safe inclusive work environment;
• Capacity to be a key public ambassador of our community-based Centre, and to lead partnership-building and client liaison opportunities;
• Positive and enthusiastic in your efforts to engage others and build trust;
• Strong listening skills, setting an example for maintaining our reputation for friendly and responsive service delivery;
• Resilient and supportive, with an ability to work collaboratively in a demanding, dynamic and diverse public environment;
• Experience in the budgeting, development and delivery of our Strategic Plan to ensure the best use of assets, financial sustainability and timely reporting on outcomes and concerns;
• Two plus years of experience managing and directing the artistic development of a similar not-for-profit;
• Experience in arts and nature program planning, curation of gallery exhibitions, solicitation and contract negotiation with instructors and related support requirements;
• Experience in multimedia brand development and the production of promotional materials;
• Experience in developing and maintaining a broad range of programming that optimizes participation by youth, adults, seniors and vulnerable sectors of our community;
• Experience in developing and overseeing an artists-in-residence program;
• Knowledge of private and public sector grant and funding opportunities for the arts, education and nature combined with successful grant applications and subsequent reporting;
• Proven strong problem-solving, team-building, communication and organizational skills;
• Fluency in spoken and written English. Spoken and written French is considered a valuable asset.
SSANC welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including, but not limited to women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities (racialized), Indigenous Peoples and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation. SSANC is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment.
SSANC offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by SSANC regarding this job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
We are committed to enhancing our environmentally and socially responsible practices for the benefit of all members of the SSANC community. Our long-term perspective recognizes our responsibility to be innovators and to continually work as a
community to reduce our ecological impact.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter indicating your interest and relevant experience to Catherine Hamilton, President, Board of Directors of Sunbury Shores Art and Nature Centre at Board@sunburyshores.org.
Application deadline: Midnight ADT, May 30th 2021
Please note: While we invite applications from all interested and qualified candidates, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant. Thank you. Stay safe. Please share.
Sunbury Shores Art and Nature Centre, 139 Water Street, St Andrews By-the-Sea, New Brunswick, Canada, E5B 1A7
Please visit www.sunburyshores.org to learn more about us and our mission.
Sunbury Shores Arts & Nature Centre, 139 Water Street, Saint Andrews, NB E5B 1A7
Sunbury Shores Artistic Director Posting 2021 (1)