Advocacy is of critical importance to ArtsLink and its members. We work had to ensure policy-makers understand the economic and social contribution of artists, as well as the challenges they face in living and working in New Brunswick.
Provincial Election: Sept. 24, 2018
- Find your riding and register to vote here.
- Here are some talking points to help you keep arts and culture in the conversation.
NB Provincial party arts and culture platforms:
We present our members’ concerns at numerous discussions at the provincial, national and international levels, including: Maine-New Brunswick Cultural Initiative Taskforce (ongoing); New Brunswick Cultural Human Resources Transition Committee; New Brunswick Cultural Policy Renewal Roundtable (2012-2013); New Brunswick Cultural Industries Strategy Working Group (2013-2014); Arts Day at the Legislature (ongoing); Pre-budget consultations, attendance at provincial budget presentation (2012); The Premier’s Taskforce on the Status of the Artist (ongoing); Leaders’ Forum on Arts and Culture (2010); and preliminary discussions on the Premier’s Committee on the Socio-Economic Status of the Artist (2010-2011).
In this section you will find:
- 2018 Election Talking points
- ArtsDay 2017
- Candidates Forum How-to Guide
- 2016_Culture Sector Ecology: Infographic on New Brunswick’s culture infrastructure
Media and interviews:
- Information Morning Saint John: “Cross-Cultural Creation residency invites anglophone, francophone, Indigenous collaboration“, March 12, 2019
- Colin McPhail. “Students would reap rewards if arts weren’t ‘an optional thing’, new report says“, CBC New Brunswick, March 7, 2019
- Information Morning Saint John; Short+Sweet Speaker Series. Jul 31, 2018
- Mark Blagrave. A letter to Brian Kenny on Access Copyright. Mar 21, 2018
- Julia Wright. “What your kids learn in art class — and why it matters“, CBC New Brunswick, March 13, 2018
- Information Morning Saint John: “ArtsLink NB wants to get the picture of arts education in Anglophone schools“, March 13, 2018
- Information Morning Fredericton: “The importance of arts education in N.B.“, March 13, 2018
- Gillian Dykeman. “Arts were neglected in provincial budget“, Telegraph-Journal, February 10, 2018
- Gillian Dykeman. “Harnessing the Allure of the Arts“, Telegraph Journal, July 26, 2016
- “Making art more accessible“; CBC Information Morning- Saint John, August 11, 2016
- Cherise Letson. “N.B. Arts Accelerator Teaches Artists Business Chops“, Huddle, Aug. 21, 2017
- Cherise Letson. “Why Creativity Is Key To Boosting NB’s Economy“, Huddle, Aug. 21, 2017
- Cherise Letson. “N.B. Artists Missing Opportunities to Grow Using Readily Available Grant Money“, Huddle, Sept. 8, 2017