Advocacy is of critical importance to ArtsLink and its members. We work had to ensure policy-makers understand the economic and social contributions of artists, as well as the challenges they face in living and working in New Brunswick.
In this section you will find:
We present our members’ concerns at numerous discussions at the provincial, national and international levels, including: Maine-New Brunswick Cultural Initiative Taskforce (ongoing); New Brunswick Cultural Human Resources Transition Committee; New Brunswick Cultural Policy Renewal Roundtable (2012-2013); New Brunswick Cultural Industries Strategy Working Group (2013-2014); Arts Day at the Legislature (ongoing); Pre-budget consultations, attendance at provincial budget presentation (2012); The Premier’s Taskforce on the Status of the Artist (ongoing); Leaders’ Forum on Arts and Culture (2010); and preliminary discussions on the Premier’s Committee on the Socio-Economic Status of the Artist (2010-2011).
Media and interviews:
- Stephanie Sirois: “Second-Largest Sector In NB Left Out Of Stimulus Funding Says ArtsLink“. Country 94. Mar 21. 2021.
- María José Burgos: “Centennial legacy lost“. CBC New Brunswick. Dec 2, 2020.
- Information Morning Saint John: “COVID-19’s impact on the creative class“Mar 19, 2019.
- Information Morning Fredericton: “Centennial Art“. Dec. 2, 2020.
- Information Morning Saint John: “ArtsLink presents Short & Sweet Speaker Series” Aug. 8, 2019.
- Noushin Ziafati: “New multi-disciplinary art festival coming to N.B.“. Telegraph-Journal, 2019.
- Flavio Nienow: “N.B. Artists survey to build ‘stronger cases’ for funding“. Times & Transcript, 2019.
- Cherise Letson.” N.B. Arts Organization Doing Survey To Better Understand Arts And Culture Workforce” Huddle, Aug. 7, 2019
- Cherise Letson. “Arts Atlantic Festival and Conference Wants To Help N.B. Artists With Their Business” Huddle, July 30, 2019
- Sara Morin. “Large-scale art festival in the works for 2020 in Saint John“, CBC New Brunswick, Jul 28, 2019
- Information Morning Saint John: “Gathering of creatives, Arts Link NB festival 2020” July 26, 2019
- Information Morning Saint John: “Cross-Cultural Creation residency invites anglophone, francophone, Indigenous collaboration“, March 12, 2019
- Colin McPhail. “Students would reap rewards if arts weren’t ‘an optional thing’, new report says“, CBC New Brunswick, March 7, 2019
- Information Morning Saint John; Short+Sweet Speaker Series. Jul 31, 2018
- Mark Blagrave. A letter to Brian Kenny on Access Copyright. Mar 21, 2018
- Julia Wright. “What your kids learn in art class — and why it matters“, CBC New Brunswick, March 13, 2018
- Information Morning Saint John: “ArtsLink NB wants to get the picture of arts education in Anglophone schools“, March 13, 2018
- Information Morning Fredericton: “The importance of arts education in N.B.“, March 13, 2018
- Gillian Dykeman. “Arts were neglected in provincial budget“, Telegraph-Journal, February 10, 2018
- Gillian Dykeman. “Harnessing the Allure of the Arts“, Telegraph Journal, July 26, 2016
- “Making art more accessible“; CBC Information Morning- Saint John, August 11, 2016
- Cherise Letson. “N.B. Arts Accelerator Teaches Artists Business Chops“, Huddle, Aug. 21, 2017
- Cherise Letson. “Why Creativity Is Key To Boosting NB’s Economy“, Huddle, Aug. 21, 2017
- Cherise Letson. “N.B. Artists Missing Opportunities to Grow Using Readily Available Grant Money“, Huddle, Sept. 8, 2017
Provincial Election: September 14, 2020
Find your riding and register to vote here.
2020 Provincial election advocacy document: Arts and Culture and the Provincial Election
Provincial Political Party Websites (arts and culture platforms to be announced):
New Brunswick Liberal Association: https://nbliberal.ca/
New Democratic Party of New Brunswick: https://nbndp.ca/
Green Party of New Brunswick: http://www.greenpartynb.ca/
Progressive Conservatives New Brunswick: https://www.pcnb.ca/
People’s Alliance of New Brunswick: https://www.peoplesalliance.ca/