Invisible Artists Carnival 🎟️
The Invisible Artists Carnival is an immersive, travelling performance and film experience that fuses science-fantasy, circus, and disability culture. With robust accessibility built into process and performance, the show presents a threadbare Caravan as the deceptive cover for a world of mobile cinema, aerial wizardry and shared ritual.
When the Carnival rolls into a neighbourhood as darkness falls, mysterious magic will be unleashed in a live spectacle (suitable for all ages) as the group attempts to make contact with The Artist, a legendary many faced figure who vanished several years ago. EYELEVEL Gallery is bringing this incredible project and its core team of creators (The Other Hearts Collective and Erin Ball) from Toronto to Halifax to work with local artists also from Mad, Deaf, Chronically Ill and Disability communities. The Other Hearts team will collaborate and train with local artists to perform alongside them in an interactive experience that is rooted in accessibility. In addition, a new short video work will be created based on the city that the carnival travels to, giving context to “The Artists” in relation to the Carnival.
FEE: $20/hr, 5hrs/day, 4 days a week for 6 weeks per artist
- Application Deadline: June 19th, 2023
- 2nd stage interviews: Between June 20th 2023 and July 20th,2023
- Local performers chosen: July 26, 2023
- Rehearsal Start Date: September 12, 2023 until October 11th, 2023
- Performance Dates: Nocturne October 12,13, x, y, z – still solidifying
- There will be three additional performance dates following the closing of Nocturne, time & location TBD.
Full application details are here.