APA is hiring a Conference Production Manager for Contact East 2021! This is a contract position beginning May 27, 2021 and finishing September 30, 2021 after the completion of Contact East 2021.
Compensation: $5000 and all travel, meals and accommodations expenses for on site event
- Attend the selection committee meetings in Halifax May 27 and 28.
- Be onsite for the event September 22-26 in Moncton NB
- Be available for four monthly production meetings beginning in early June (June, July, August, September)
- Complete event prep work required
- Create sound check schedule (based on showcase programming created by APA staff) and communicate to showcasing artists in early July.
- Coordinate and advance all artist needs to performance venue technical staff at least three weeks prior to event
- Communicate sound check and showcase schedule to venue technical staff
- Coordinate artist transportation with the transportation coordinator
- On site stage management for all on stage activities
- Coordinate live stream activities for both performance venue and professional development sessions venue (different locations)
- Along with staff on site, coordinate all PD sessions (including technical needs for speakers)
- Other duties and responsibilities to be mutually agreed upon
It is the Atlantic Presenters Association’s goal to be an organization that engages and welcomes all people. We believe that this requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and therefore actively seek to recruit candidates who are women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the 2SLGBTQIA+ community and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self identify in the recruitment process.
Please direct any questions as well as resumes with cover letter by April 23, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.