Are you interested in gaining experience, building networks and professional skills needed to launch or expand your artistic practice?
artsUNITE/UNITÉ des arts is thrilled to launch Unmute: Virtual Artist Residency, a 3-week online artist residency program taking place in March 2021. artsUNITE/UNITÉ des arts will curate up to 6 Canadian artists to create 3 weeks of programming and activations during our National launch. Encouraging creative approaches to entrepreneurship, professional development, and artistic tools and resources, Unmute: Virtual Artist Residency will showcase artists from across Canada to help them grow their own career and collaborate with them on building creative resources for the Canadian creative community.
The goal of this residency is to:
- Offer curated professional development and income generating opportunities to artists during COVID-19.
- Invite, celebrate and amplify diverse creative approaches to resource sharing, artistic entrepreneurship, and professional development.
- Enable artist-led conversations and developments around the future of the arts in Canada.
- Engage artists through the artsUNITE/UNITÉ des arts online platform: amplify new artist creations supported by artsUNITE/UNITÉ des arts, and present it through the artsUNITE/UNITÉ des arts online platform and social media.
As part of their participation in Unmute: Virtual Artist Residency, Artists-in-Residence, with support from artsUNITE/UNITÉ des arts team, are expected to:
- Create and share original content to be showcased on the artsUNITE/UNITÉ des arts website.
- Share your work in the final digital showcase (format TBD by the group).
- Participate in promotional activities, such as media interviews and discussions.
- Share the artsUNITE/UNITÉ des arts website and your participation in the Unmute: Virtual Artist Residency on your relevant social media platforms.
- Attend or participate in other launch events (details to be confirmed closer to launch date).
Artists-in-Residence will be provided with:
- Artist Fee of $500.00.
- Free access to creative workshops during the residency.
- Opportunities to collaborate with artists across the country.
- Professional Development and 1-on-1 mentorship with a carefully selected mentor.
- An opportunity to be part of discussions on creative approaches to artistic tools, professional practice, and resources.
- A national platform to showcase your work.
This residency aims to prioritize emerging and early-career Canadian-based artists working in:
media or film, performing arts (theatre/dance), literature, visual arts, music, and multi-disciplinary art who are interested in participating in a virtual residency during the month of March.
Program components will be offered primarily in English, with translation and ASL services available as needed to support the participation of a diverse community of artists. Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident currently based in Canada to qualify for this opportunity.
For more info click here.