Sunbury Shores Arts and Nature Centre is currently seeking an Executive Director (ED) to provide strategic leadership for planning and operations of the Centre. The ED day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Short and long-term strategic and business planning;
- Policy management; human resource management; financial and administrative management; facility and equipment management and planning; hands-on oversight and participation in daily activities of the Centre;
- Mandatory reporting;
- Programming and marketing oversight;
- Revenue generation through grant writing, and support for Board-led fundraising activities;
- Ongoing communication with key stakeholders; advocacy efforts, as required;
- Support to the Board President, as required and appropriate to Board-specific policies.
- Three to five years experience in operational management;
- Proven success with grant-writing for the non-profit sector; proven ability to engage and
develop successful relationships with members, patrons and donors;
- A university or college degree in arts management, museum studies, business administration or a related field—or equivalent. Experience and strong interest in art is preferred, as is experience and enthusiasm for art education;
- Recognition of, and ability to maintain high professional standards for the display of art to foster relationships with artists, curators, and other exhibiting organizations;
- Experience creating and implementing effective marketing and public relations programs and activities; participation in community /partnership development;
- Proven understanding of stewardship and Board governance, and experience working efficiently and effectively with a board of directors and volunteers;
- Proven leadership, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven understanding of long-term sustainability principles and risk management;
- Proven organizational, planning and budgeting/financial management skills.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter indicating your interest and relevant experience to Catherine Hamilton, President, Board of Directors of Sunbury Shores Art and Nature Centre at Board@sunburyshores.org. The Selection Committee will begin reviewing applications on December 17th, 2022. SSANC welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation.
Please note: While we invite applications from all interested and qualified candidates, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant.