Position: CATAPULT Arts Accelerator Coordinator
Location: Saint John
Hours per week: 35-40 (includes weekend commitments)
Term: Annual (renewable) contract, subject to an initial three-month probation period and twelve-month evaluations.
Remuneration: $40,000-45,000/ yr; commensurate with experience
Applications Due: Aug. 2, 2019, 5pm AST
ArtsLink NB seeks an experienced, energetic full-time coordinator to deliver its flagship program: CATAPULT Arts Accelerator.
This intensive, high-calibre entrepreneurial training program is designed to give artists in New Brunswick the skills and networks they need to expand their markets and increase their commercial success. The Coordinator will oversee and implement CATAPULT programming, offer ongoing assistance and coaching to CATAPULT alumni, as well as manage all program administration, report to funders, and development of funding applications for future iterations of the project.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in entrepreneurship and the start-up movement
- A proven network within the small business community in Atlantic Canada
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and proven track-record in facilitation
- Experience with expense reporting, budget management, and grant writing
- Social media and web content management
- Experience in training/workshop programming and delivery
- Valid driver’s license. In-province travel is required.
- Located in or willing to relocate to Saint John N.B.
- Interested in the arts and ambitious to help artists succeed
An Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience with sales exports and knowledge of export markets
- Familiar with the Business Model Canvas and Competitive Intelligence
This position requires an individual with a strong, proven networking the entrepreneurial and business growth ecosystem who is able to deliver business fundamentals (lingo, context, and basic skills), Value Proposition Design, export knowledge, and more. Additionally, the coordinator will be tasked with the scheduling of guest speakers for some modules within the curriculum. The coordinator is the primary point of contact for CATAPULTparticipants and stakeholders and will be responsible for handling their inquiries and concerns. Strong planning skills and a track-record of facilitation are a must. The candidate will execute program timelines, manage program logistics, carry out reporting, develop the CATAPULT alumni network. An understanding of the particular needs of artists is integral to the success of this position.
Reporting to the Executive Director of ArtsLink NB, the Coordinator will become a key contributor to the growth and promotion of the arts sector in New Brunswick. The Coordinator will work with ArtsLink NB staff from our office in Saint John, NB. Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Coordinator include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and implement accelerator curriculum and programming per existing curriculum
- Recruit and interview potential CATAPULT participants
- Mentor recruitment, selection and matching
- Manage and deliver all aspects of programming within program budget
- Coordinate and administer project evaluations
- Logistics planning (venue, speakers, catering etc.) for two full CATAPULT Cohorts /of eight weeks each (spring and winter sessions)
- Produce press releases and promote outreach for Pitch Days
- Coordinate CATAPULT alumni network events and communication
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic partners
- Develop funding applications for future iterations of the project and manage reporting to stakeholders
- Explore potential partnership opportunities with other accelerator programs
- Develop a sustainability plan for the continuation of the Accelerator program
- Ongoing development of a CATAPULT manual based on curriculum
- Develop trade mission for national and international industry fairs
This is a full-time one-year contract for the duration of the accelerator project, with the possibility of a contract extension or renewal based on the successful funding.
Please email a C.V., cover letter, and the names and contact information for three professional references to:
Executive Director, ArtsLink NB
Subject Heading: CATAPULT Coordinator
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will take place early August, with an anticipated start date in August-September 2019.
Applications Due: Aug. 2, 2019, 5pm AST
About ArtsLink NB CATAPULT Arts Accelerator
The ArtsLink NB CATAPULT Arts Accelerator Program was designed to give high-calibre professional artists a boost by giving them the tools, training, and mentorship needed to operate as a business, bring their products to market, and attract/develop new customers. Entering its third year of programming, CATAPULT was developed in response to a defined need for better training and support in the cultural sector. Artists working in New Brunswick struggle across a variety of metrics, including lower-than-average wages, an ageing workforce, and small number of arts and cultural workers.
CATAPULT is the only intensive, arts-specific entrepreneurship program in Atlantic Canada designed to serve all artistic disciplines.
The ArtsLink NB Accelerator aims to arm artists with the skills and resources they need to generate business in New Brunswick, as well as accessing export markets. CATAPULT’s entrepreneurial focus equips artists for long-term success in their profession.
Check out the CATAPULT here:
About ArtsLink NB
ArtsLink NB is a member-based organization representing New Brunswick’s Anglophone arts and culture sector. Its membership base includes professional artists, arts organizations, art students and emerging artists, and arts supporters. The mission of ArtsLink NB is to advance the arts in New Brunswick by linking and unifying artists and arts organizations and promoting their value to the community.
Please direct questions about this position to Julie Whitenect, Executive Director: email@example.com / 506.608.9914
ArtsLink NB supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.