Compensation: $27,000 – $34,000, single health benefits after 3 months [6 month probationary period]
Deadline: Friday, June 22, 2022
Organization: Imperial Theatre is a not-for-profit live performance theatre in the heart of uptown Saint John. Our working environment is unique and creative and will give you a glimpse behind the curtain. The Arts & Culture scene in Saint John is vibrant and diverse for such a small population and Imperial Theatre is at the heart of it.
Job Description / Responsibilities: Reporting to the Box Office Manager, the Assistant Box Office Manager is a helpful, detail-oriented individual responsible for day-to-day box office operations, including but not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining entries in ticketing database
- Working with ticketing clients to contract events/print tickets
- Training, scheduling, and supervision of box office staff
- Selling tickets & subscriptions, processing donations, at the box office and by phone
- Assist with incoming and outgoing customer calls
- Reconciling cash and credit sales at the beginning and end of day
- Discretion and professional behaviour handling confidential information
- Assist with night-of-show walk up sales and will call distribution
Applicants may be required to work evenings and weekends, depending on operational needs.
Ideal Candidate: Imperial Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and believes in making our theatre and the performing arts available for everyone who lives within our community. The successful candidate must believe in and share that philosophy and work to ensure that every person who connects with our organization is welcomed in and given the highest quality of service.
- Experience in a leadership position, ideally as a manager/supervisor
- Intermediate computer skills (experience with ticketing systems or databases is a plus, but not necessary)
- Experience in customer service, preferably in the ticketing, entertainment, non-profit arts or hospitality industries
- Ability to listen to concerns and resolve problems creatively
- Self-motivated, capable of independent reasoning and troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner – attention to detail is a must
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances
- Send Cover Letter and Resume to: Lindsay Jacquard, Box Office Manager
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please no phone calls or drop-in meetings
- Only applicants who are being considered will be contacted
Imperial Theatre is committed to employment equity and requests that any required accommodations be noted in your application.
Full job posting is here.