Who We Are
artsUNITE / UNITÉ des arts strives to provide artists and creative entrepreneurs with a free, centralized, comprehensive and humanistic wayfinding service that connects people to resources in the arts. We help you find resources in funding, work, services, crisis support and learning opportunities that are curated according to artist-specific needs. We want Canadian creatives to have equitable access to resources. Adapting to the changing needs of the arts sector post-COVID-19, and with support from partners across Canada, artsUNITE / UNITÉ des arts is a dynamic service, focusing on providing diverse and adaptive resources that will enable our creative communities to survive in the current moment and thrive in the long run. We’re on a mission to unite the national Canadian arts sector in a mutual goal of empowering, educating and employing Canadian artists and creatives. We launched nationally in March 2021 and we are looking to continue the momentum through innovative content and programming.
Call for Content
We’re currently seeking BIPOC writers and creatives to contribute website content. We are particularly interested in the Black Canadian, Indigenous and 2SLGTBQ+ experience. Do you have ideas for written and/or interactive content? We would love to feature your work!
- Applicant self-identifies as BIPOC and/or 2SLGTBQ+
- Applicants must be Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents
What are we looking for?
artsUNITE / UNITÉ des arts is looking for content that provides resources for artists, creative entrepreneurs and the creative community. This can come in the form of blog posts, videos, webinars and more! We are looking for original content that speaks to one of the following categories:
- Financial resources or advice: What was the first experience you had applying for a grant? Are you a master budget-keeper who could share how to run a balanced personal or business budget? If you were to go back 10 years, what financial advice would you give yourself today? How are you navigating grants and funding in this pandemic world?
- Career resources or advice: Do you know how to write a standout resume? Are you a marketing pro or creative who can share how to boost your online brand? How has your industry changed during the pandemic? Do you have professional development insights that would benefit the creative community?
- Mental Health resources: How do you balance art and mental health in a pandemic? Do you have mental health resources that have helped you this past year? Do you have a personal experience you would like to share that you think could help others navigate new and unfamiliar territory?
I’m interested! What do I do?
Fill out our application form before Friday, May 21, 2021 at 6pm PDT/9pm EDT