ArtsLink NB is seeking applications for a Programming Director (maternity leave). Applications will be accepted until January 20, 2023, and the position starts February 15, 2023.
Who Is ArtsLink NB?
ArtsLink NB is a member-based arts service organization, founded in 2009 to advance the arts in New Brunswick by linking and unifying artists and arts organizations and promoting their value. We represent New Brunswick artists of all disciplines from across the province.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working collaboratively with the ArtsLink NB team, the Programming Director (PD) acts as a resource person supporting artists in their professional development and devises and coordinates ArtsLink’s professional development programs.
Key responsibilities are the development and successful implementation of the CATAPULT Arts Accelerator curriculum, professional development programs, and residency programs while working closely with our strategic partners. In addition, the PD is responsible for grant writing, program development, and recruitment of facilitators and mentors.
The PD is the primary point of contact for these programs and their participants and will be responsible for handling all inquiries and concerns.
The PD must be organized, detail-oriented, adaptable, and a collaborative self-starter with strong planning and facilitation skills. Reporting to the ED, the PD must manage relationships with numerous partners. PD will develop and execute on program timelines and manage program logistics and data collection for evaluation.
Duties and responsibilities
The PD will oversee and implement ArtsLink’s programs. In anticipation of successful funding, this individual will complete the following tasks:
- Recruit participants
- Implement proposed curriculum, further develop curriculum and programming as needed
- Work within project budgets as outlined in approved project proposal
- Complete reports required by funders, and partners (as applicable)
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with funders
- Plan, book speakers, book catering, book meeting spaces, and provide other logistics as needed
- Assist in the promotion of programming
- Report to the ED weekly on implementation, budgets matters, and program needs
- Coordinate and administer project evaluations
- Maintain administrative systems for projects
- Provide full reporting to the ED for review one month prior to reporting deadlines
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
Language Requirements: Business is generally conducted in English. Bilingualism is considered an asset.
Start Date: February 15, 2023
Type of Work: Contract, full-time, Monday to Friday. Occasional work during off-hours and weekends. Some travel through New Brunswick may be required, so must have a valid driver’s license.
Compensation: $50,000-$54,000 depending on experience. ArtsLink NB is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible and engaging work environment.
Term: 10-month contract (maternity leave).
Place of work: ArtsLink NB’s offices are located in Saint John, NB. Candidates are welcome to propose working remotely, although periodic in-person meetings will be required.
Application Deadline: Jan 20, 2023.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to Julie@artslinknb.com by Jan 20, 2023, at 5 pm.