Description of the position of Administrative Coordinator
Occupation: Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Languages: Effective communication in English and French is essential
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick
Salary Annual: $ 25,000 – $ 30,000 depending on experience
Starting date: August 2017
Duration : 31 March 2018, with possibility of renewal
CulturePlus (New Brunswick Culture Human Resources Council) is a newly formed, not-for-profit, bilingual organization committed to ensuring the vitality of New Brunswick’s cultural workforce through its Professional development and vocational training.
It is primarily a service organization designed to support stakeholders in all cultural fields, including heritage and libraries, live performance, visual and applied arts, written and published works, the media Audiovisual and interactive recording and sound recording.
CulturePlus partners with public, private and not-for-profit organizations and training institutions to facilitate professional development and skills acquisition for cultural workers.
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Executive Director (CEO) as required and performing the duties of an Office Coordinator. To this extent, it will oversee the day-to-day operational functioning of the office.
In conjunction with the DG, it may be required to attend appropriate meetings and events to support the organization and help promote CulturePlus.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a similar non-profit position;
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience;
- Bilingual (English / French);
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Interpersonal skills commendable;
- Experience in accounting and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to communicate member needs and respond to basic requests, or to properly send requests to the DG to respond;
- The skills of WordPress and Social Media would be considered an asset;
- The calendar can sometimes require evenings and weekends during events;
- A self-starter that needs minimal day-to-day guidance on his tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Collaboration with DG and Board of Directors
- Organize meetings of the Council in collaboration with the DG;
- Organize the annual general meetings in collaboration with the DG;
- Work effectively with the DG and the Board of Directors;
CulturePlus Awareness and Impact
- Provide support to the DG in raising awareness and promoting CulturePlus in the arts, cultural and heritage sectors;
- Undertake necessary travel to support the DG in the promotion and objectives of CulturePlus;
Op e rations
- Respond to day-to-day operations of CulturePlus on a day-to-day basis, including inquiries by mail, telephone and Internet;
- Provide general (French) translation reviews for the DG for external publications;
- Registration and follow-up with the Board of Directors for all expenses;
- Assist in the development and dissemination of the CulturePlus newsletter;
- Support the DG in the management of projects for CulturePlus (research, development of training, maintenance of the Web site, etc.).
- Other tasks assigned by the Director-General.
Interested parties can apply with CV and cover letter, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . The deadline for nominations is July 28, 2017 .
We thank all applicants for their interest; Only those meeting all requirements will be contacted.
Any questions should be addressed to email@example.com