- This event has passed.
Beginner Pottery Classes with Megan Billings 🏺
February 27 @ 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Monday evenings, 6-9pm, February 27 – April 10, 2023.
Cost: $370 + tax ($425.50 total).
Includes materials- up to one bag of clay, kiln firings, glazes, & use of apron and tools. No need to invest hundreds of dollars in tools! Additional clay may be purchased for $30 per bag.
Learn the basics of throwing on the wheel, as well as trimming (removing the excess clay), and a little hand-building. This class is suitable for absolute beginners, as well as those with some experience. The projects are designed to expand your skills, no matter what your experience level. We will explore decoration techniques, and students will glaze their pieces in the last class. You should not expect to make great pots in this short time … it takes LOTS of practice to get good at it.
- Small class-size of 5 students max. Each student has their own pottery wheel to use.
- Last 25 minutes of class is for clean-up.
- Work will be glaze-fired after the course is complete, to be picked up at a later date.
- Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the quality or serviceability of fired work.
- If class is cancelled due to extreme weather, it will be made up on another evening. If you miss a scheduled class, however, it will not be made up, so please check your availability.