Employment opportunity: COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Who is ArtsLink NB
ArtsLink NB is a member-based arts service organization, founded in 2009 to advance the arts in New Brunswick by linking and unifying artists and arts organizations and promoting their value. We represent New Brunswick artists of all disciplines from across the province.
ArtsLink is looking for a dynamic, experienced Communications Coordinator. Reporting to the Executive Director and working collaboratively with the ArtsLink NB team, the Communications Coordinator will have the vision and experience to engage the membership and media, and create and maintain a strong online presence. The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for creating and disseminating key messages, promoting programs to artists, as well as communicating with members, strategic partners, government departments, and the wider public.
The Communications Coordinator will:
- have their finger on the pulse of sector news and developments
- research, develop, and write documents including the annual report, press releases, briefs to stakeholders, government, etc.
- promote/market the organization’s activities (Arts Atlantic Symposium, workshops, programs, conferences, etc.)
- coordinate, create, and disseminate regular news to members
- manage media relations on all platforms
- support planning and logistical support for AGM, press conferences, etc
- manage and update the organization’s website and related content and promotion
Required Qualifications (experience and education)
- Excellent communications skills, comfortable with public speaking
- Exceptional writing skills that will successfully achieve communication objectives in national, regional, and local outlets.
- Demonstrable network of media connections and engagement
- College or University Diploma (or equivalent) in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field.
- Three to five years of working experience in a public, media or government relations role.
- On-the-job experience in the use of social media and web platforms, web design and maintenance, production and editing of audiovisual content for communications and promotional purposes.
Additional Skills and Assets:
- Works well independently and in an integrated team setting
- Warm and engaging personality, and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Outgoing and assertive, though diplomatic, when dealing with people
- Skills in event planning and promotion, as well as project management
- Able to conduct interviews in order to gather information and stories
- Proficient in the use of the Adobe suite of tools for graphic and web design
- Familiarity with WordPress (or equivalent) as a design and hosting platform
- Understands web analytics, SEO
Language Requirements: Business is generally conducted in English. Bilingualism is considered an asset.
Start Date: March 2022
Type of Work: Salaried, full-time, Monday to Friday (est. 40-hour/week). Occasional work during off-hours and weekends. Some travel through New Brunswick may be required, so must have a valid driver’s license.
Compensation: $45,000 and $50,000, depending on experience. ArtsLink NB is an equal opportunity employer and offers cost-shared health insurance and a flexible and engaging work environment. Travel to meetings, conferences, etc., may be required.
Terms: Annual (renewable) contract, subject to an initial six-month probation period and annual performance evaluation.
Place of work: ArtsLink NB’s offices are located in Saint John, NB. Candidates are welcome to propose working remotely although periodic in-person meetings will be required.
Application Deadline: 1 March 2022
To apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. References upon request.