ArtsLink NB is looking for a creative and driven professional to assume the role of Communications Manager. The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for media, stakeholders, and ArtsLink NB members. They will be responsible for maintaining and updating the organization’s website and social media platforms and for providing support to the Executive Director. The Communications Manager will also plan and create press releases and newsletters, coordinate membership development, and maintain the member database, as well as provide administrative support.
The Communications Manager will have frequent interactions with government, media, and the creative sector as a whole, and should be comfortable with public speaking and media liaison.
Term: Annual (renewable) contract, subject to an initial three-month probation period and twelve-month evaluations.
Salary: $27,000 – $28,000, commensurate with experience.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in arts administration or a related administrative capacity
- A valid driver’s licence
- Data analysis, management, organization and reporting capabilities
- Strong writing, research, and communication skills
- Knowledge of non-profit culture and Government working groups
- Bookkeeping experience an asset
- Project coordination support
- Collect, analyze and present data in relation to members and events
- Brainstorming, problem solving, and idea generation with ArtsLink NB team
- Coordinate the timely translation of materials as required/directed
- General expense reporting
- Maintain paper and on-line filing and archives
- Provide coordination, support, and assistance for ArtsLinkNB events, as needed
- Maintain office supplies and equipment, and perform weekly housekeeping duties
About ArtsLink NB: ArtsLink NB unifies New Brunswick’s arts and culture sector and fosters the sector’s contributions to a dynamic and prosperous province. ArtsLink NB is a member-based organization representing New Brunswick’s Anglophone arts and culture sector. Its base of over 260 active members includes professional artists and arts organizations. The mission of ArtsLink NB is to advance the arts in New Brunswick by linking and unifying artists and arts organizations and promoting their value to the community.
Application Deadline: September 17, 2018
Start Date: October 15, 2018
Type of Work: Full time (approx. 35 hours per week)
Location: Saint John, NB
Education Level: University (undergraduate) minimum
Languages: English (French an asset)
Travel Required: Yes
How to Apply: By E-Mail, and please include cv and references: email@example.com
ArtsLink NB is an equal opportunity employer.