Kingsbrae International Residence for the Arts (KIRA) is an emerging artist residency located in
St. Andrews (NB) which will be welcoming its first residents in the spring of 2017.
KIRA offers a four-month contract starting July 1 st and ending on October 31 st with a possible
Working under the supervision of KIRA Steering Committee, the Project Coordinator will:
– Customize KIRA’s key strategic documents according to the requirements of potential
– Write grant proposals to various levels of government for an infrastructure project to be
undertaken in 2017
– Write grant proposals to various levels of government to obtain operating funding for
2017 (e.g. salary for the residency’s director)
– Develop proposals to obtain support from private organizations
– Manage the Call for Applications process
– Create a web presence for KIRA
– Establish a communication strategy for the web site and the Call for Applications to
reach relevant cultural networks such as artist residencies organizations, art
organizations, art publications, etc.
– Perform other duties relevant to the project
Experience in working in an art/cultural organization
Experience in writing grant proposals
Experience in web communication
Excellent writing skills
Ability to work autonomously and to manage several files at the same time
Recognized for having excellent people skills
Recognized for having excellent coordinating skills
Knowledge of art networks in Canada
Degree in arts/cultural management is an asset
Working off-site is possible. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Interested candidates must send a resume and a covering letter to Tim Henderson, Managing
Director, Kingsbrae Garden: email@example.com no later than June 15, 2016.