|The Residency Program Coordinator works closely with the Strategic Director to ensure a high level of excellence across all Fogo Island Arts programming and is an ambassador for FIA and Shorefast. The Coordinator is responsible for the planning and day-to-day operations of the Arts residency program and is the point of contact for artists-in-residence and special guests, while facilitating connections between artists and the community. The Coordinator will have a lead role in FIA communications, ensuring timely dissemination and promotion of programs and events across all FIA web, email, social media platforms and on-island community outreach initiatives.
As the Residency Program Coordinator, you will:
• Be the point of contact for all FIA artists-in-residence before, during and after their stay on Fogo Island
• Lead residency logistics, including artists’ travel; orientations; event preparations; etc.
• Manage FIA social media accounts, including Facebook and Instagram, and update FIA website as needed
• Plan, lead/assist and/or attend all events for Fogo Island Arts, including artists’ presentations and other events
• Assist with other FIA programs and initiatives, both on and off-island, as well as virtually
• Assist with exhibitions, publications, public programs, patron and partner stewardship
• Additional administrative tasks and operational support as needed
Training & Experience
• Undergraduate degree in art history, fine arts, arts administration or equivalent knowledge and experience. Master’s degree in related field considered an asset.
• Knowledge of contemporary artists and practices
• Demonstrated experience in project management and communications in the arts
• Community-oriented project experience is considered an asset
Position Specific Skills
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Photoshop and Illustrator; fluency in social media and web platforms (WordPress)
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• A high degree of initiative, organization and attention to detail
• Proven ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Valid Driver’s License a requirement for this position
About Fogo Island Arts
Fogo Island Arts is a residency-based contemporary art venue that supports research and production of new work for artists, filmmakers, writers, musicians, curators, designers and thinkers from around the world. Since 2008, FIA has brought some of the most exciting and renowned artists of today to Fogo Island to take part in residencies and to present solo exhibitions at the Fogo Island Gallery. FIA also presents programs in cities across Canada and abroad, including the Fogo Island Dialogues interdisciplinary conversation series. Combining contemporary art, iconic architecture and social innovation in a singular setting, FIA is a world-class institution that is uniquely rooted in community. FIA is an initiative of Shorefast, a registered Canadian charity with the mission to build economic and cultural resilience on Fogo Island.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “FIA Residency Program Coordinator.”
Deadline for Applications: March 19, 2021.
Questions about this position may be directed to:
Iris Stünzi at email@example.com