PARC (Playwrights Atlantic Resource Centre) is seeking an interim Program Coordinator. A dynamic organization that fosters the creation and development of Atlantic Canadian plays, PARC provides services and opportunities to both established and emerging playwrights in the Atlantic region.
The successful candidate will have an excellent track record for writing successful grant proposals, funding applications and reports to government and foundations; is an expert event organizer; available to work 30 hours per week September 2016 through May 2017; able to work in Sackville, NB a few days each month as required and for the month of May; and will work in close partnership with the General Manager, Artistic Director, and Board of Directors. Remuneration is $3,000 per month.
The job description and responsibilities of the Interim Program Coordinator:
Reporting to the Chair of the Board, the successful candidate will work in close consultation with the General Manager, Artistic Director and Board of Directors to fulfill the following responsibilities:
1) Write grant applications/funding proposals and reports to government and foundations (approximately 65 percent of time).
2) Organize and coordinate current programs which include the Playwrights Colony, Home Delivery, Playwrights Cabarets in each of the 4 Atlantic provinces, and if funding is confirmed, a Kitchen Table Reading series; selecting scripts and/or proposals for the above programs; contracting personnel to fulfill the needs of the above programs; selecting artistic personnel where required, i.e. actors, dramaturges, playwrights etc. for the Colony; all this in consultation with the Artistic Director (approximately 20% of time).
3) Oversee the work of a part-time Membership and Communications Coordinator and two part-time student interns (5% of time).
4) Respond to queries to PARC, contribute to the promotion of PARC and represent PARC in the community, maintain good relations with PARC members and other stakeholders (5% of time).
5) Report and be responsible to the Board of Directors, attend Board meetings, maintain open communication with the Executive, meet regularly with the President (at least once monthly and before each Board meeting) to discuss on-going issues (5% of time).
Please submit resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com on or before July 4th, 2016.