Position: Communications and Social Media manager, Administrative Assistant
Start Date: June 2022
Remuneration: $ 15,000 (annual contract)
Time commitment: approx. 10 hours a week
Location: New Brunswick. No specific location. Potential of working remotely.
Music•Musique NB (MNB) is the provincial music industry association for the province of New Brunswick and is currently looking to add a part time staff member to its team. We are looking for an individual who excels at communicating on the current social media platforms and understands how organizations need to communicate with members and stakeholders. Additionally, this position will assist the Music Industry Development Program Agent with some administrative tasks.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Multiple social media posts a week (Facebook + Twitter + Instagram – Same content, adapted to the platform), based on a pre-scheduled publication calendar.
- Community Management (reply to comments, flag issues)
- Read the various music industry newsletters and add new info to a spreadsheet.
- Read and edit (if needed) members’ news
- Publish one newsletter a week, highlighting some industry news and some members’ news. (Example)
- Keep an updated list of music/cultural journalists, bloggers and other relevant media.
- Create a monthly communication report
MID PROGRAM ANALYST
The Music Industry Development Program (MID) is designed to foster the development and growth of the music industry in New Brunswick through investment in projects submitted by New Brunswick music industry artists and businesses. The MID Program Analyst would provide administrative support for the MID Program Agent. Tasks could include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate and follow up with applicants regarding completion report deadlines;
- Communicate and follow up with applicants regarding missing info or documentation;
- Manage some aspects of the evaluation juries ;
- Good understanding of the music industry in general;
- Good knowledge of social media platforms;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in both English and French;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- First-rate knowledge of appropriate hashtags and emojis;
- Experience with Mailchimp is an asset;
- Experience with Canva (or similar design platform) is an asset;
- Must be able to work remotely;
- Must be a resident of New Brunswick.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status.
Interested parties can apply through this link by May 19th, 2022. Please apply with a CV/resume and short cover letter outlining your intentions and relevant work experience. Applications will be received and assessed in strict confidence. Only candidates of interest will be contacted for an interview. Questions should be directed to Dawn@musicnb.org. Do not contact via social media. Music-Musique NB is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equity and equality in employment.