The Fresh AIR program places professional artists in Provincial parks during Labour Day Weekend (September 5 to 7, 2020) to engage with the public and develop their artistic practice or existing projects in a natural setting during the challenging reality of COVID-19. The artist will be offered an artist fee for participating.
The program is open to professional artists, defined as an individual who:
- Has a history of public presentation in a professional context;
- Practices an art and offers services in exchange for remuneration as a creator; and
- Has specialized training in the arts (not necessarily in academic institutions) and is recognized as such by their peers.
The program is planned for the following locations:
- Hopewell Rocks
- Les Jardins Botanique de la République
- Mount Carleton
- Village Historique Acadien
The artist will receive an artist in residence fee of $500 per day. They will be on-site for 4 hours per day, within daylight, for a minimum of two days and a maximum of 3 days. The artist should be comfortable interacting with the public and is expected to provide some demonstration or public access during the residency, respecting social distancing.
The deadline to apply is August 25, 2020. For more information, click here.