Based in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Goose Lane Editions is an award-winning publisher respected for publishing high-quality books with national and international appeal. Our title list includes innovative fiction and poetry as well thought-provoking nonfiction in areas such as art, history, biography, politics, current affairs, nature, social sciences, the environment, popular culture, and travel/adventure. We are always looking for big, bold ideas, smart thinking, and lively writing that transcend these subjects and create new genres.
The Financial Administrator is responsible for ensuring that the backroom and front desk functions of the office run smoothly. Excellent oral and written communications skills and an ability to work in a team environment are a must. This position requires discretion, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
- General office support
- Financial records management
- Bank deposits, payments and transfers
- Office systems training
- Administration of personnel policies, including health benefits, sick days, and other general
personnel matters addressed in the company’s policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Performing daily bookkeeping functions, including account coding, data entry, and postings
for both A/R and A/P and month-end reconciliations.
- Managing accounts payable, including liaison with suppliers and creditors, negotiating
payment terms, responding to queries, and coordinating with the CSR on accounts receivable.
- Maintaining cash flow projections.
- Managing title records on Acumen, including general setup, royalties, product class and
warehouse records, as well as inventory entries and job closings.
- Issuing semi-annual royalty statements and reconciliations.
- Preparing monthly financial statements and preparing documentation for the preparation of
annual financial statements and returns.
- Monitoring revenue and expenses against budget.
- Preparing monthly sales reports for distribution clients.
- Preparing monthly commission reports for sales representatives.
- Scheduling and issuing payments to suppliers.
- Preparing payroll, including collection and review of timesheets, preparation of payments,
implementation and monitoring of deductions, and maintenance of payroll records.
- Preparation of monthly returns of payroll deductions for Receiver General and quarterly HST
- Preparation and submission of T5s, T4s, and T4As.
- Preparation of financial reports for federal and provincial, including special COVID-19 related
Reporting to the Publisher, the Financial Administrator has the principal responsibility of ensuring that the company’s financial records are up-to-date and maintained at the highest professional standards. The person in this position will also work closely with and supervise the CSR and the shipper-receiver and may be required to perform the CSR’s duties should the CSR be absent for any reason.
This position requires a supremely well organized, efficient, diligent individual with a good sense of humour, a facility with numbers, an interest in the details of finance and administration, as well as an aptitude for database applications. The person who takes on this role must enjoy the demands of a fast-paced environment, demonstrate a strong sense of initiative, and relish the responsibility of resolving issues quickly, efficiently, and with discretion.
- Positive, optimistic personality
- Hands-on experience using Windows-based financial system software (Sage products,
Acumen, etc.) and advanced Excel skills
- A proficiency in the use of MS Office applications
- At least three years of solid experience in bookkeeping showing progressive experience in A/R,
A/P, general ledger
- An understanding of fundamentals of accounting and book-keeping standards within a small
- Job cost and inventory management experience
- A certificate or degree in accounting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superior problem-solving skills
This is a full-time salaried position with a salary range of $32,000 – $37,000 per annum plus a cost-shared health benefit program.
Interested in joining us?
Send your resumé with a letter telling us why you are interested in this position to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 2 November 2020