One Song Glory is a fully subsidized six-weekend long intensive youth musical theatre training program that builds community, self-confidence, and self-expression through a combination of new music creation, masterclasses, rehearsal, and online presentations. Our goal is to offer participants a professional rehearsal experience, the chance to create and design new work, provide industry insight and the guidance needed to develop a fruitful career in the performing arts.
At its creation this program was held in person in Toronto, offering Ontario teens a place to create, perform and celebrate their shared love of musical theatre. In 2019 we shifted to an all-digital format and invited participation from young artists from across Canada. We are thrilled to offer this program digitally again this fall and to continue growing our national network of young artists, providing students from across the country (who reside in remote, rural, and urban communities) access to fully subsidized training led by Canada’s leading musical artists.
We are proud to report that to date, over 850 young Canadians have completed One Song Glory, without any cost to the participants. Past participants are now gracing international stages and Canadian concert halls including Broadway and the Stratford and Shaw Festivals.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- Any young artist between the ages of 13-19 is invited to register and submit an audition video.
- All participants who register are invited to attend our free online Video Creation Workshop this summer, where they will learn how to improve their audition videos from a team of leading industry professionals.The first 100 participants to register will also receive individualized feedback at the workshop.
- After the Video Creation Workshop participants will be invited to edit and re-submit their audition videos, applying what they learned.
- From those videos, 50 performers and non-performing artists will be invited to join our free six-weekend training intensive in the Fall/Winter of 2021. In groups of 10, the participants will create a brand new musical theatre song and video presentation under the guidance of top Canadian Directors, Composers and Designers.
*PLEASE NOTE: In an effort to share the enriching qualities of the theatre with a wider cross-section of young people, we are actively seeking a balance of performing and non-performing artists (writers, visual artists, poets, designers, filmmakers, stage managers, and any non-performing discipline we may have missed).
Next, view the audition & portfolio video submission guidelines here.
After filling out the registration form, please email your video links, updated headshot and resume, and applicable passwords to onesongglory@
Late submissions may still be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
We especially encourage folx who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+, d/Deaf, Mad, Disabled/People with Disabilities, and/or Neurodiverse to submit.
Audition & Portfolio Videos Due:
- June 11, 2021
Audition & Portfolio Video Creation Workshops:
- Saturday July 24th, 2021
- Sunday July 25th, 2021
Intensive Training Sessions on Zoom (weekends):
- October 16th and 17th 2021
- October 23rd and 24th, 2021
- October 30th and 31st 2021
- November 6th and 7th, 2021
- November 13th and 14th, 2021
- November 20th and 21st, 2021
Live Video Premiere