Theatre New Brunswick is seeking scripts to workshop for its third annual Fall Festival of New Plays, taking place September 2022. If you are a New Brunswick born or based playwright and you have a full-length script that is ready for a workshop, we’d like to hear from you.
The Fall Festival of New Plays will support artists in their creation process. This might mean that you work “traditionally” and you have a script and need time with a dramaturge and a cast of actors. It might mean that you and your team need studio space to create and move. We will work with you to help you take the next step with your play. The explicit goal of the Fall Festival is to foster new play creation and grow the canon of New Brunswick plays.
We will develop approximately five scripts. The Festival will culminate with public readings, highlighting the new works and the artists involved. Currently, the plan is to host the readings online, but we may do one or more in person, depending on the submissions we receive.
We’d prefer to work on ideas and scripts that are already in development, as opposed to ideas that are very new. The projects and the creators should be ready for outside input, criticism and collaboration. It is not necessary that the play be something that TNB would consider producing.
What we will provide:
* A dramaturge to work with and help establish goals/writing schedule, and to direct the final reading.
* A cast of actors to read your work (if required.)
* A fee for the applicant/playwright (we’ll negotiate if there isn’t one main writer).
* A selection committee will review all applications and select the artists and works that will be supported. The selection committee will consist of Natasha MacLellan, Artistic & Executive Director TNB, and Nate Telman, Fall Festival Coordinator.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line TNB Fall Festival Submission.
Please include the following in your application:
* A cover letter that details the development history of your play.
* A clear idea of what you hope to achieve during the process and what you think you need (if it is above and beyond the support we outlined above).
* A copy of your script.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: August 12.