Why Not Theatre in partnership with the National Arts Centre are excited to announce the 2022 iteration of ThisGen Fellowship. ThisGen Fellowship is a national initiative that supports BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour) Women and Non-Binary performing arts practitioners get to the next stage in their careers through training, mentorship, hands-on work placements, and peer-to-peer connection.
We are passionate about creating a future where BIPOC Women and Non-Binary people have support, are celebrated, and have the resources and networks they need to thrive in the arts sector. By making connections to institutional leadership, enhancing valuable skill sets, and building a network of peers, ThisGen is a launchpad for Canadian cultural leaders.
Running over the course of two years, ThisGen Fellowship kicks off with an in-person networking event in Ottawa hosted by the National Arts Centre. This will be followed by a 17-week paid training program featuring a faculty of internationally renowned arts leaders. The Fellowship will then transition into one-on-one mentorship, pairing each Fellow with an experienced industry professional. ThisGen will culminate with each Fellow receiving a paid work placement in their field.
all applicants must
- Identify as Women and/or Non-Binary*
- Identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and/or a Person of Colour)
- Have a practice in the performing arts with a focus on either Directing or Producing
- Be available between April 2022- May 2024 for Fellowship activities (exact dates TBD)
*Note: ThisGen Fellowship is a Trans-inclusive program.
- Deadline to apply is Thursday, January 13th, 2022 at 11:59pm ET
- Successful applicants will be notified by February 2022