The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA of NB) in Charlotte County is excited to host their second creative works exhibit during Mental Illness Awareness Week from October 4 to 10, 2020, at the Sunbury Shores Arts and Nature Centre in St. Andrews. If you are a resident of Charlotte County living with the effects of mental illness and have a creative piece or pieces you would like to share, then submit your work for juried consideration!
Acceptable mediums for the pieces are visual, textile, and literary. Creative pieces will be selected based on the proficiency and technical skill in the chosen medium, and the size of the work.
- Applicants are invited to submit a maximum of three (3) original pieces of their work for consideration.
- A completed application form must be included with each submission.
- The application process does not require you to send your original pieces. Only photographs or digital
images of your work should accompany your application.
- Applications must include a brief Artist Statement. Your statement describes the significance of creativity in
your life and how the creative process improves your mental well-being. Please note that artist statements will
be displayed and should not be longer than 100 words.
- Applications and images or pictures of your work are to be submitted by email to email@example.com, or by
mail to Attn: Lisa Cheney C/O Canadian Mental Health Association of NB, 5 Riverview Avenue, St.
George, NB E5C 3M1.
Submissions should be received no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 13, 2020. However, candidates who are interested in displaying their work but will not have it ready by then are welcome to contact the organizer and request more time to prepare their application. If you are selected, you will be asked to bring your work to the Mental Health Clinic in St. George or St. Stephen by Thursday, September 3, 2020.
For the application form, click here. For more information and to submit your application, please contact Lisa Cheney, CMHA of NB, at firstname.lastname@example.org.