AX, the Arts and Culture Centre of Sussex, is seeking a Ceramics Centre Coordinator to help manage our ceramics centre, coordinate ceramics and other art and fine craft workshops for the public, maintain inventory and studio equipment, fire kilns, and coordinate our AX Evolution Program: Emerging Ceramics Artists.
This is a permanent position for 30 hours/week, with health benefits, paid vacation, and an hourly range between $16.83 to $26.44 per hour, depending on qualifications.
As the successful applicant, you will have access to an office and studio in a new, fully-equipped ceramics centre. You will coordinate mentorship opportunities for artists who participate in the AX Evolution Program, offering you important networking opportunities with experienced ceramists. You will have access to kilns and a wheel as well as other professional equipment. Because the position is only 30 hours per week, you’ll have time to pursue other professional goals while earning a reliable income, and you’ll coordinate AX’s ceramics arts and workshop programming, with opportunities to earn additional income as a ceramics instructor.
Join Our Team
Please apply with a resume and cover letter outlining why you believe you’re suitable for this position by November 17, 2022. You may email your application to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so early submission is encouraged. We thank everyone who applies for their interest in this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Organize and coordinate AX’s ceramics programming as well as the ceramics, arts, and fine craft workshops, with opportunities to earn additional income as an instructor.
- Organize and coordinate annual ceramics/pottery sale and help with other ceramics revenue generation for the centre.
- Coordinate appropriate mentors for the AX Evolution Program: Emerging Ceramics Artists, and schedule meetings in collaboration with the Ceramics Committee; track and report on program milestones.
- Coordinate a biannual emerging artist ceramics exhibition and a biannual ceramics conference.
- Maintain ceramics centre inventory and equipment.
- Other duties as determined by the AX Executive and Artistic Director.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player and able to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
Hours of work: 30 hours per week; occasional weekends and evenings may be required.