The Charlotte County Archives located in the historic jail in St. Andrews, NB collects, preserves, and conserves, through archival best practices significant documents related to the evolving history of Charlotte County.
We have recently completed a 5 year strategic plan and are looking for an enthusiastic, self directed Archives Manager to be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating the activities of the archives, in accordance with the Strategic Plan and policies established by the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate should have:
- Working knowledge of current archival practices
- Experience in applying for funding through grants
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Hands-on experience in social media platforms and website maintenance
- An ability to engage others in appreciating the importance of documenting our history
- Experience in human resource management
Also of value would be;
- Hands on delivery of interpretive programming
- Experience in the heritage tourism industry
- Knowledge of bookkeeping procedures
This is a contracted full-time position based on 35 hours per week. Weekends and holidays may be required due to seasonal demand. Salary range is $40,000 -$45,000 commensurate with experience.
For a complete Job description please visit our website.
Or by Mail to
Charlotte County Archives
123 Frederick St.
St Andrews, NB E5B 1Z1
Attn. Franklin Cardy
If you require further information please direct your enquiries to Robin Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org
This competition is open until July 29, 2022
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.