CALL FOR PROPOSALS: Artists Projects in Print
Deadline January 5, 2021
A Handmade Assembly has always encompassed a wide range of artistic practices and areas of research, including photography, performance, mending practices, food culture, collage, printmaking, flower arranging, and the intersection of new technologies with traditional craft approaches. We invite artists working in all disciplines to consider how the broad theme of the “handmade” might translate to a project on the printed page. Artists may document existing projects or produce new works. We encourage play within the format of the book, including handmade tactile elements, instructional works, creative writing, printed cut-outs, pull-out and tipped-in materials (bearing in mind cost, labour and edition size), etc.
Submission Format for Artists:
Please submit the following materials via WeTransfer to email@example.com with the subject heading: A Handmade Assembly
- One-page (max.) description of the proposed project and the themes addressed
- Up to 10 images of past work
- Descriptions for each image including: title, date, materials, dimensions, etc.
- A brief biography (250 words)
- A brief artist statement (250 words)
- Curriculum vitae (max. 3 pages), including contact information.
Artists will be paid fees consistent with the current CARFAC fee schedule. We encourage applications from IBPOC, LGBTQ2S+, disabled, and neuro-diverse artists.
For more information about submitting your work visit our site (here) or the call (here)